I've got good news for you!
You can learn technology without becoming a software developer!
Recruiters helped me to understand what information they need and how they want to consume it.
This experience helped me to build a training that explains in simple terms how software is built, what technologies are used and how to apply this knowledge in tech recruitment.
Devs are more than happy to engage with recruiters who know the important fundamentals - this is the goal of the training!
What you will learn
- How software is developed starting from planning till the release and maintenance.
- Agile, Scrum models and project management tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence as well as user stories, story points and other PM related stuff).
- What technology stacks exist and what they are used for (Frontend, Backend, Fullstack).
- What tools devs use to code (they are often mentioned in job specs and resumes).
- What are Databases, where they are used and what devs use them, SQL vs NoSQL.
- How different parts of the application communicate (REST API, SOAP, socket.io, GraphQL).
- How QAs test software and what tools they use (Unit, Integration and e2e testing).
- Why everybody talks about Microservices, Monolithic and Component architecture.
- What languages and tools are used for building Native and Hybrid mobile apps.
- How software is released and what Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD/CD) has to do with it.
- What are cloud technologies, Serverless, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and what they are used for and who is using them. And why even use them?
- Buzzwords: Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Bootstrap, Cache, Frameworks, Mobile-first, Plugins, Responsive design and more.
- Why DevOps is a mindset, not a role.
- How to understand candidate’s seniority (Junior, Mid, Senior or Lead).
The duration of the training
Around four hours in total.
The training consists of two Sessions (2 hours each).
If at the end of Session 1 you feel you have not gotten your money’s worth, just let me know and I’ll refund your payment in full.
What recruiters say
- Group trainingFrom 4 people min. Price pp.No upfront payment required!EUR 99USD 120GBP 87AUD 160
- 1 on 1 trainingTailor-made training on request.No upfront payment required!EUR 399USD 470GBP 345AUD 650
- Training for recruitment agenciesUp to 10 people.
How to stay tuned
Please help spread the word by sharing. Thanks!